Friday, May 11, 2012

Service Learning

Content:
(1) LIA Response to blog:
    Literal
·       Jami Grosser - Cal Poly Pomona's Pride Center (909) 869-3064
    Interpretive
     Not only was I surrounded by fabulous people, but I was able to gain insight on the kinds of answers I was contemplating using, what I was doing for Science Fair and where my research was headed. I gained community, really.
   Applied
     How did what you did help you answer your EQ?  Please explain.
I gained part of my first answer, which has to do with building a community of people that one trusts before being able to come out, as well as a very important disclaimer for my project. My project is not a checklist of things that have to happen in order for someone to be considered an FtM, but more along the lines of steps that can be taken and manipulated until the person is satisfied with how they feel about themselves and how other people respect them. 

(2) I, Sarah Taylor, affirm that I've completed 50 hours of service learning with Jami Grosser at Cal Poly's Pride Center. Her phone number is listed above. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment