Friday, April 27, 2012

Interview 5: Emma Seyffert

(1) What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?
Emma: Well, I have two ideas and they really depend on what position I'm holding on yearbook next year. I'd love to do child development as my senior project. It's something I'm really interested in and I think that it could be a really good project. But, if I become the editor-in-chief of the yearbook, then there's my senior project picked out for me. I'd love to do either one but it's going to depend on what happens with yearbook in the next couple of weeks. 

(2) What do you plan to do to complete the 10 hours of service learning (working with an expert) which is due prior to senior year starting?  Note: They also have to complete the 50 hours during the school year.
Emma: I work at a summer camp, watching 3-5 year olds five days out of the week, so that would be what I'd do if I were to do child development. If my senior project becomes yearbook, though, then there's yearbook camp at CSU Long Beach and there will be meetings over the summer, prior to camp. Either way, I'm not worried about hours. 

(3) What do you hope to see or expect to see when watching the class of 2012 present their two hour presentations?
Emma: I'm just excited to see what the seniors have pulled together and what they've spent their whole year working on. I want to go to at least one of the presentations focused on child development - I know there are at least two on like kindergarten and first grade. I want to go to the yearbook projects to support Will and Elissa... Other than that, I just want to watch the seniors present about what they've spent all year on. 

(4) What questions do they have about senior project?  What additional recommendations would you give the 2013 student about senior project?  Be specific and note what you told them.
Emma: I don't really have any questions... I've watched my brother, Graham, go through senior project, I've watched you and Will and Elissa go through it... I think I know what to expect. 
Sarah: If I could make any recommendation, do yearbook for your senior project. Even if you're not Editor-in-Chief, do yearbook. It makes your life a lot easier. I love my project so much, I really do and part of me is glad that I didn't do something yearbook related, but I wouldn't have been spread out so thin. I wouldn't have had to leave yearbook early to go to service learning and I would've had a lot more resources to work with. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment