Friday, February 10, 2012

Independent Component 1

I, Sarah Taylor, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work surrounded by fabulously queer people. I worked for thirty hours around Cal Poly's Pride Center, helping with different projects and helping maintain an environment of inclusion for everyone.

One of my big answers for my essential question is that having a safe space to not necessary live by society's rules based on your biological sex, as well as having a community of people who understand the things that you're going through, are huge for a successful transition. Trans*guys are heavily reliant on each other for support and resources. My 30 hours of work are logged on my Service Learning log.

My reflection for this component can be found here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment