Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Presentation Reflection

  1. In talking to Jake, I learned that the pronouns are majorly important when you're dealing with gender-non-conforming or transgendered people. I didn't think it was as big of a deal, but when he explained it to me, it made sense. To refer to someone with pronouns that they don't identify is like calling someone by a different name. I figured that this was an easy place to start for a five minute presentation. 
  2. I think that my visual was really helpful. I know that, when I learned about preferred gender pronouns, the chart (with examples) helped me figure out what was what and how to use it. 
  3. Making this lesson relatable to people who may/may not have met a gender-non-conforming person was difficult. When I learned about the different pronouns, I met people who identified with them, so it didn't seem as foreign. I tried to explain this lesson with as little activist-specific language as possible, but I don't know how well that came out. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment